best practice recruitment and selection toolkit
The Best Practice Recruitment and Selection Toolkit has been developed to assist public sector organisations in implementing best practice recruitment and selection processes.
In addition to the toolkit’sOverview (available in html), there is also a Course Booklet and Instructor’s Guide for a two day training program.
The toolkit is designed to assist the Victorian Public Service (VPS) and the wider public sector in implementing best practice recruitment and selection processes.
The toolkit comprises:
- an overview document on best practice together with information sheets on particular recruitment selection
- processes and recruitment and selection templates
- a training program documents including a series of modules with specific learning outcomes covering the recruitment and selection process. The program may be customised to suit specific organisational needs or requirements.
NB. The training requires facilitation over two days. The training program guides participants through best practice recruitment and selection using course booklets, PowerPoint presentations, practical exercises and additional reference material. Contact the Commission to secure a list of trainers/facilitators to deliver the training program.
background to the toolkit
The Victorian Public Sector Commission (the Commission) undertook a project in 2007 to evaluate the effectiveness of recruitment selection techniques in the Victorian Government. This project comprised four distinct components of work:
- a literature review that identifies best practice and relevant models of recruitment and selection processes
- analysis of current Victorian Public Service (VPS) recruitment and selection practice compared to best practice
- a methodology and toolkit to assist the VPS and the wider public sector with recruitment and selection
- a training program to support the implementation of best practice recruitment and selection processes in the VPS and the wider public sector.
The aims of the project were to:
- promote the systematic review of current recruitment selection techniques in the VPS
- develop recommendations for the use of better practice tools, based on research and case studies
- promote better selection techniques to improve the quality and speed of recruitment actions within the VPS and the public sector.
Arising from the project, the Commission developed the Best Practice Recruitment and Selection Toolkit and documents to facilitate the delivery of a training program (based around the toolkit).
( 954 KB, 74 pages )
( 1 MB, 92 pages )
( 1 MB, 120 pages )
You will need the Adobe Acrobat Reader to view some of the documents on this site.
You can visit the Adobe internet site to download the software.
Follow the icon links and instructions at this site on how to download and install the Acrobat software to your system.